Avoid the cliché at all costs!
- Originality, know what you’re doing and what you’re referencing. Are you making a emulation? Parody, spoof, satire, mockumentary or appropriation.
- Not enough research will be a cliché. Know what you’re doing.
- It’s okay for comfort. They only work if you know you’re doing it for part of your work; employing it to better the work, to make it ironic etc.
- Appropriation: significant piece of art from 20th century. A urinal with a fake name on, entered into a big prized competition. He was turned down.
- Appropriation borrows something from something else and retextualises it, reworks it to make something different and to say something different.
- Luis bunuel
- Make a frown, not sentiment!
- Dimensions of dialogue
- Speak from your soul!
I will be taking all of this information and keeping it in my mind for when I come to blog for professional and academic purposes.